Wednesday, January 20, 2010

My pregnancy and Michael Jackson's death

My pregnancy and Michael Jackson's death
What's the connection?? Well a very deep one...
Having A Third Baby!! OMG!, Are you sure!, Really, WOW you're Brave !!! Yes, these are exactly the reaction's I have been getting ever since I have become visibly pregnant. It's almost like having committed a crime, at-least for those of us who understand the implication of a growing population in India. Having a third after two girls is still a more comprehensible proposition as compared to having a third after two boys!!

Accident it was, a huge one. Actually speaking it was my gynecologists fault...totally, FOR SURE! She had told us that due to hormonal reasons I never understood, there was no way I would conceive any more. This was the best time of our life. Done with two kids who were also now grown up, we had something to look forward to every evening -:) ...life was perfect....Then Michael Jackson died.

Sorrow was followed by in-numerous number of nights spent with friends dancing away to Jacko's numbers. We were all young again, were transpired into our growing up days...that's what triggered the damn hormones. Had he not died the cycle of drinks...dance....and the deed would have never been set in motion.

Well now the deed was done. After much contemplation about reasons of my sickness I finally did the test. God Bless Home Pregnancy Tests! They never existed when we were growing up, at least not in Rajasthan. Yup...positive it was. I was left speechless. Although my husband tried to sound and look sympathetic, I figured he was very very happy deep inside. It was almost like he had won a trophy. I know him, he must have told himself WOW, Well done my Boy!! I can still do it!!

Next day we scheduled a test, Pelvic sonography!! What the hell was that..we never had to do this with the earlier kids!! We decided to behave and go with the flow. The hospital environment and the undressing both freak me out. I remember when I was having my first one I would invariable leave my undergarments behind, was too nervous to even put them back on. With the second one I got smarter...I never wore any for a scheduled appointment.

Oh well, the doctor was in and we saw the first glimpse of our baby. We could hear the heart beat foot race like a wild horse chasing wind. If I had wings I would fly. I do not remember a moment of more serene excitement in our lives. I was going to have a baby and this time I was doing it just for myself. We managed to steer our way through the initial embarrassment, the if's, the but's, the age, the fear of sleepless nights, diaper changes, the works and got settled with the thought of a special one growing inside of me.

Now that I am one the other side of thirties I am more at peace, more in control of my emotions, my moods, my apprehensions and also my desires. I hope and intend to devote as much time and energy, as I can. Given that's a constraint at my age!.

Oh wait a minute....this is not where it ends. Is it Blue?? or is it Pink?? Is it Blue, is it Pink?

16 comments:

  1. Good job Manisha. Never knew you also had a writer within.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all congrats! As a new mom I can really appreciate your experiences...keep the blog coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nicely written but after 2 Blues it should be a Pink. But in any case, diaper changing will remain same so enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! This is great news and hope the pregnancy is smooth. Sometimes in life things happen for a reason unknown to us but later on they all begin to make sense-Enjoy this time in your life:)
    -Priya-

    ReplyDelete
  5. Firstly, I like the title, very intriguing! Secondly a very big congratulations to you! I think it's great that you're able and happy to have baby no.3. I hope it's pink too...a cute and pretty one like you. keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too good.happy 4 u but did Micheal have 2 die.Now it better be pink....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all the kind words & reading the blog. TC

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very well written blog. Did not know you had a literary side also..:).. great..keep it coming..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its pink all the way baby !!!! Love u ....fun reading ..

    ReplyDelete
  10. All i can say here is I HEAR YOU Manisha!! If you remember we shared the MJ nites too....and the OMG too!!
    Blue ,pink, pink, blue...hmmm do you think it matters?? Nah i guessed not!...Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. all is well....god bless very nicely written...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Blue or Pink...either way...its truly special. Can't wait for our newest Israni :) Maybe MJ is meant to be reborn..through his biggest fan..and rock the world yet again:):) You never know...
    CONGRATULATIONS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. so sweet... and so well drafted!! I ws so happy t hear about the news from our friends.. I remember many years ago, u had expressed ur desire about wanting a 3rd one in ur life... hope its healthy-thats d most imp. thing. and u guys now should have a PINK.... God Bless.. Enjoy ...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi !! Ok this is my third attempt to post a comment - the firewalls at work i think are too good ! But my commitment to the cause !

    Anyway -

    Michael Jackson caused a lot of heats to skip a beat, heart beat faster but even after his death he is causing creation of a heartbeat ! Or maybe he just made some lazy sperms moonwalk and dance faster !

    Whatever be the reason - I think calling this baby the third baby is unfair - it is just a baby and that is lovely !!

    But the best part about this baby is that there seems to be some literary genes developing - either tech savvy - will take telebrands online or literary - will start selling books on telebrands !


    Keep writing - it is such a pleasure to read your blogs makes great reading - am sure it feels good to just pour it all out also.

    Maybe Gullu should also start writing - I would "loves" to read that ! Tell him there is spell check here and simple language will also do - no need for "jagaran".

    ReplyDelete
  15. I liked the suspense....very well written

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrtulations!! my little one is just out of the diaper stage so i dont whether to be happy fr u or show sympathy..anyway njoy motherhood once again..!! hope its pink..the feeling is amazing..

    ReplyDelete